Thursday, July 28, 2011

The NFL is BACK!

As you may have heard, the NFL lockout is over and football is back! I cannot express how ecstatic this makes me.

It is no secret that I love sports, especially rugby and American football. I can now rest assured that Sunday and Monday evenings will be filled with professional football!....and homework.

There really is no downside to the NFL lockout being over, except for the fact that I'm a Bengals fan. Yeah, I said it. I go hard for my city, but I won't deny that we have long-standing tradition of misfortune and, well, losing...

Other annoyances about my football situation this season?

1) Aside from being a Bengals fan, I now live in Indiana - Colts territory. Please excuse me while I dry-heave.

2) I have no television in my apartment! At least for a while anyway. I figured I could do without for a while as it would be a distraction, and almost everything I watch is on Hulu or Netflix anyway. It's a luxury I can do without for a while. Unfortunately, what I didn't think about when I made that decision is: a) the RUGBY WORLD CUP starts in September! b) college and professional football both resume. Whoops. Guess I'll have to find a local sports bar to chill in until I make some friends.

No matter the circumstance, I'm glad the NFL is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment