Thursday, July 28, 2011

Coffee Shop Review: Bad Ass Coffee Company

Here's a quick review of the Bad Ass Company in Pensacola, Florida:

 I have to say, Bad Ass Coffee Company was a pretty sweet concept. My friend Lise and I needed a pick-me-up before heading to the beach so we stopped in for a quick purchase.

We walked in to a small artificial Hawaiian oasis that specialized in Fair Trade Kona - both pure and blends.
This was a stop in and go sort of trip, so I only tried a latte.  Had I had time to sit down and have both espresso and drip - I probably would have preferred a drip in the end. Bad Ass Coffee is right next to a college campus, so they like to exploit the whole trendy, catchy coffee drink scene with flashy, complicated latte concoctions - something I am NOT a fan of. I settled for  a simple vanilla latte made with soy milk. The latte was over-sweetened with flavor syrup, usually done to cover up a subpar shot of espresso. It was okay, not great. The egg and cheese breakfast sandwich I had hit the spot though. I think it is also worth mentioning that the Frappucinno-esque blended coffee Lise ordered came pre-made out of a transformed Slushie machine. Seriously.

If you want to go to a coffee company with integrity that specializes in fair trade, hit up Bad Ass and try their drip, otherwise you should find a Drowsy Poet location.

No comments:

Post a Comment